How to Make a Baby Hamper Basket?
Personalising a baby's gift is an excellent idea, making the gift distinct and memorable and growing into a unique token through the years. When giving or making a gift sooner, you are unsure of the name or birth date. An option is to provide a gift certificate for etching or engraving design.
A blanket for the baby embroidered with the baby's name alongside the name's meaning would make an excellent gift for both mom and baby.
Your labour of love gift basket
Gift baskets are trendy today and an excellent idea that can either be purchased made-to-order or ready-made. Or, you can do it yourself by putting together all the baby items that you like for the baby. Here's how you can make one:
1. Know first the size of the basket that you will use. A huge basket may be difficult to fill, so a medium-sized is recommended. Usually, craft stores sell baskets of different sizes, shapes and colours. Shredded tissue paper and raffia make great fillers to be layered at the basket's bottom with baby towels and blankets.
3. Consider the baby's gender and what the baby needs. There will be many things for a first baby that he will need. If the mom has one, looking at a baby registry can help since you will know what the baby needs. If there is none, you could always ask the mom what else she needs for the baby.
4. Consider having a theme. You can load the basket with anything pink for a baby girl, blue for a baby boy, or anything 'pooh' or dinosaur design. A bedtime theme basket filled with storybooks, blankets, pillows, pyjamas, a musical crib, and a teddy bear can be an excellent idea.
7. For the trunk, you can fill it with a baby's keepsake book, monogrammed items, receiving blankets, heirloom items, a picture frame and an inspirational book all about mom and baby. You can also place a little inspirational note containing all your wishes for the baby, and this will add a more personal touch to your gift.
FAQ - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why have a baby shower?
There are many reasons why people choose to have baby showers. Some of the most popular reasons include:
- To celebrate the upcoming arrival of a new baby
- To allow friends and family to meet the new baby
- To provide practical items for the new baby
- To raise money for the parents to use towards purchasing items for the new baby
Whatever the reason, a baby shower is a great way to celebrate a new child's arrival and bring friends and family together.
What do you do at a baby shower?
A baby shower is a party thrown to celebrate an upcoming birth. At a baby shower, the guests usually bring gifts for the baby. The most common gift is clothing, but other popular gifts include toys and books. The guests will gather in one room at a typical baby shower, and the mother-to-be will open her gifts in another room. There may be games played at a baby shower, and sometimes food is served. But typically, a baby shower is just a party to celebrate the upcoming birth. Browse all Baby Shower Ideas.
Can I plan my baby shower?
Absolutely! A baby shower is a great way to celebrate the pending arrival of a new baby, and it can be as straightforward or as elaborate as you like.
Some things to keep in mind when planning your baby shower:
- invite everyone you want to come, whether they're family, friends, coworkers, or acquaintances
- set a date and time that works for most people, and send out invitations at least two weeks in advance
- choose a venue (your home, a park, a restaurant) and plan the food and drink accordingly
- come up with some games or activities for guests to enjoy
- try to keep the budget in mind - showers can be expensive!
Browse all EVENT IDEAS by category and start planning your next party today. Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to get notified about all the new and trending party themes and ideas.
DISCLOSURE: We sometimes use affiliate links in our content. This won't cost you anything, but it helps us offset the costs of paying our writing team. Thanks for your support!